The University of Malaga (UMA) is a higher education institution founded in 1972. Currently, it has two campuses, more than 35,000 students, more than 2,400 professors, 23 faculties and institutes, 82 departments, 200 educational programmes (including 68 studies degree, 75 postgraduate and 34 PhD), 200 PhD thesis per year and 278 research groups.
The Emotions Lab® of the Faculty of Psychology of the University of Malaga has been working on Emotional Intelligence (EI) and its relation with other relevant variables of people’s well-being for more than ten years. Since 1996, the following activities have been carried out:
- Development of R&D projects on the benefits of EI and its evaluation and training in different populations;
- Development of EI evaluation programmes in childhood, adolescence and adult population;
- Creation of intervention programmes to improve EI;
- Brief training courses for adults and university students in EI;
- Master’s degree in EI;
- Management of a large number of doctoral thesis (more than 20) related to research, evaluation and intervention in EI;
- Coordination of the I and II International Congress of EI in Malaga (2005) and Santander (2007).
Mr. Pablo Fernández-Berrocal is the founding director of The Emotions Lab®, the 2012 vice president of the International Society for Emotional Intelligence and has published numerous scientific articles in journals of international and national impact, as well as popular science books.
For more information: